Sunday, May 16, 2010

Faces and Flowers in China

The photo challlenge this week on iheartfaces is 'faces and flowers.' And flowers reminded me of this photo I took while on a trip to Beijing with my wife. I will apologize up front for the fuzziness, as all photographers have experienced at one point or another: you see an image but do not have your digital camera handily turned on. Such was the case here. We were driving through a police checkpoint along our way to the Great Wall. In an instant, we saw this scene develop as the cab slowed. I don't think I even looked through the view finder, trusting that the 35mm would capture the moment.



I didn't edit the photo, hoping for a more documentary style image, perhaps in the vein of Henri Cartier Bresson.

Please visit the works of other photographers at the following site:



Cheers!!

Yuki

9 comments:

  1. That's a great capture! The sight of a PLA officer smelling a flower... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE that it's so different! Great capture.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. That is so great. I love that you were able to capture that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I tried to comment earlier and couldn't get the comment to take... I really love this shot! To see someone that I think of as very serious stopping to smell the roses and laugh gives me great hope...
    I love your entries, Yuki; you ALWAYS make me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ! Great capture.
    Really like this website, this really helps and very useful.
    florist china
    send flowers china
    flower to china

    ReplyDelete
  6. Um, that's my picture. I'm pretty certain that I took this, were gonna battle for rights when you get home...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Apparently, my wife thinks she took the photo too. Hmmmmm, talk about old married couple, it is as if we are of the same flesh and mind. :P It was probably a collaborative effort as we were smushed in the back seat of the tiny chinese cab. One of us probably spotted it while the other depressed the shutter button. Anyway....we both remember it like it was yesterday.....

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow. That is so great. I love that you were able to capture that! Göğüs Estetiği

    ReplyDelete