Sunday, May 23, 2010

The Yellow Challenge

There is only one thing I think of when someone says yellow. While I would like it to be a Maize out at the University of Michigan, I have only one truly yellowy experience. Dust storms in Iraq.

Check it out! You probably think I switched my camera to a sepia mode. But I am proud to say there is no trickery or photoshopping at all. These yellowish orange days would last up to 96hrs, in Baghdad no less.



So this is a self-portrait taken sometime in 2008. Its not a glamor shot and I think the lens distorted the size of my nose and the shape of my head. But, this week the theme is yellow, not beauty. Pictures don't get much more yellow than this one!

Thank you for stopping by! Check out other entries at the following link!



Cheers!!

Yuki

3 comments:

  1. Must be a special experience, sandstorms.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. Great pic and sooooo yellow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Yuki; I love the fact that this isn't posed. The posed pics are pretty, but this one is real, and the memory is a real one. To me, that's what photography is all about. Oh... and thank you for serving our country... I appreciate you!

    ReplyDelete