Tuesday, January 26, 2010

The original texture experiment....

Before the wonderful silhouette posted earlier, this was my first texture idea. While vacationing at Padre Island, I was digging a hole in the sand for the boys. We were about two feet down when I pulled up Mr Crabs on the end of my entrenching tool. He sat there long enough to have a few pictures taken. It was hard to do because in the bright sun, I could not see the little dude on the LCD.



In the original photo, the bright sun kind of bleaches out the texture of the wet sand so I had to spend some time adjusting levels of ligth, color and contrast to bring out the granules of wet sand.

2 comments:

  1. Did the boys get to see him? What did they think?

    I recently went out to document the results of our blizzard over the first of the year. We had ice and snow and very poor driving conditions. The problem was that it was hard to "see" anything that could be captured. So, I took a photo of a branch with ice, added a dark layer over top and reduced the opacity (so you could see the indistinct outline of the trees), erased the area of the twig and framed that. I'd do something similar with Mr Crab so that it showcases his eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh,that is great! We love all crustaceans, here.

    ReplyDelete